Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Road Trippin'

Last weekend some friends and I decided to visit AZ. A buddy of ours recently moved to Mesa and that's where I am from so two birds, one stone. I love me some Arizona, especially when it was in the 70s...what is up warm weather!

We left Thursday night and stayed in Vegas. Of course there was some gambling, nothing like being in a smoke filled room and losing money. Side note: When my chiropractor asked if I did any gambling I replied, "It's not gambling if you fully intend to lose all your money." He cracked up and said we thought a lot alike. We're awesome. Any way...we headed out to Mesa in the morn to surprise my famdam.

Knocking on the door I was trying not to giggle because I get weird when I'm excited. My fam was excited to see me. Michael had a campout, Marcus was at work, and I convinced Shern to go get Mesa Frozen Yogurt with me before she left for a party. 
And I played Pac Man, of course.

That night I chilled and watched some New Girl with my Mah.

Saturday, my BFF/Aunt, Alyssa and I spent the day together. Gluten free cupcakes at Sprinkles.

 Y'all know you aren't supposed to eat the little "G" on top? Because I sure didn't! I chomped that plastic G like it was my beeotch. Alyssa thought I broke my tooth cuz of the mad shattering sounds I made while destroying it. And I swallowed all of it. I'm sure this will be one of the many contributing factors of why my future offspring have too many fingers or webbed feet. Oh well. We also went to my fave Mexican place, Rosa's and did work on their chips. Please Utah, for the love, get some good Mexican joints up in herrrre! Lyssa, Marcus, and I had some fun times at Wal-Mart later stocking up on stuff I never need. And finished the night off by watching newly purchased 500 Days of Summer. Joseph Gordon-Levitt: if you are reading this, let's get married. That is all. 

Sunday night some of my good friends and family came over. I got to see Tyler and Lisa days before little Emma came into the world (today), Damn you child and your untimely entrance! We snacked, chatted, and then the real fun came when we busted out Rock Band. Of course I had to sing Amy Winehouse's Rehab, while acting (but sounding nothing) like her. And Shern donned her Gaga gear to sing Poker Face. 
It ended up like this
We played, we sang (off key), and danced our faces off. 

Thank you to all my friends and family that came by, you da best! ESPECIALLY MY AUNT JOELE WHO DROVE OUT FROM WAY-THE-FREAK-QUEEN-CREEK. And thanks for participating in the freak show that is my family. 

Shern and I decided the best way to wrap up our night would be to make a video. A video that we have talked about making for a long time. 
I was a little reluctant to put this online because I was afraid people wouldn't know that we were joking.
My Mah reassured me that anyone that knew us, would know this was just to be funny.
I hope you enjoy :)



There is so much awkwardness going on that I love it so much.
Mah was mad she wasn't a part of it but next time she can be. 

P.S. That awkward moment when your boss tells you he watched the video. Hahaha oh the joys of the internet. 

Here are some other pictures from my family that night...
 Sturgeon Dad
 Miss New Booty
She works out! 

Monday we set out after breakfast from Joe's Farm Grill. The car had a couple of hiccups (of course it did, I was riding in it) but we made it back to Provo that night.

It was great to see you family, I will come and visit after I get back this summer. But that won't probably be until Christmas time! 

P.S. I got a cold while visiting so I am under the influence of several cold medications. Sorry for the ADD post and nonsense. 




1 comment:

Leece said...

Best.Gift.Ever! Thanks for surprising us with..YOU!! For those who want to judge us for totally breaking the Sabbath, let the sin be upon me. I was sick up until Sunday afternoon and could hardly do anything, but we just had to play before Leenie went back! Sorry I got you sick, Babe :(