Tuesday, February 14, 2012

February 15th

Valentine's Day has not always been my favorite day, because it's kind of like Friday the 13th, everything bad happens to me...

It all started in the 2nd grade when I got the chicken pox and Mah wouldn't let me go to school. If there is one thing I will go to school for, it's for a party and treats. A fever and body full o' hives kept me from school and somehow I ended up with my Grammers. My parents had something going on so Grammers and I spent the day together checking and talking to all the old people in the neighborhood. My Grammers was like the old person ambassador for the street, so I got to tag along to visit all the oldies. I'm pretty sure every time someone asked why I wasn't in school I lifted up my shirt to show off my stomach covered in pox. I'm so modest.

In high school, this ridiculous but attractive kid kissed me on my best friend's trampoline after a night of anti-valentine activities. Way to ruin my protest, bro.

When I was 21 or 22 I experienced my worst Valentine's and possibly day ever. But it's over so it's all ggooooodd.

I'm not someone that gets depressed because I don't get flowers or go on a hot date. Although, I'm pretty sure the good people of the local grocery store were about to slip me some anti-depressants after I shuffled in wearing sweats and buying Ben & Jerry's, Reese's eggs, and a People magazine. My crazy hair and bags under my eyes were because of work and no sleep, not to be easily confused with a sad lonely girl.

Yesterday, I was talking to my boss and he told me he was boycotting Valentine's day. I told him I didn't have a problem with it, but February 15th was my favorite day of the year...it's when all the chocolates go on sale. I literally won't eat for a week just so I can try to give myself diabetes the day after Valentine's. I don't eat truffles all year to enjoy them on that one day. I love me some chocolates at half price. Also, I am not afraid to admit I love chocolate covered peeps with all my heart! Me gusta mucho.


I hope everyone had a good day because I sure did! I can't wait until tomorrow for my favorite day! I love getting my hefty-chocolate-lovin girl on.

No comments: