Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ten Before 25

I've been thinking about things I would like to do before I leave in a few months, which got me thinking on what I want to do this year. I'm going to turn 25 in October so that gives me about 8 months to accomplish my dreams for the first quarter of my life.

In reality, my goals ten years ago for my life before 25 probably were: be awesome, graduate, get married, have some kids, and graduate college. I am pretty awesome, even if I'm the only one that thinks that, I did manage to graduate from high school, and then that's about it. I've been going to school for a while but no degree yet. And although I assumed I would be hitched and have babies a while ago, my life is pretty cool. I have two jobs I love, I live with my wonderful cousins, and I don't currently have anything tying my down and keeping me from traveling!
There is always room for improvement (and I have a whole lot of space) so here are:

My Top Ten Things to do Before 25:
1. Live in a different country
Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I'm leaving the country in less than 3 months. 
What is up Thailand! 
Also, I compiled a list of places I would like to go or live in, they can be found Here.

2. Ride an elephant through the jungle
I've ridden one before but not through the jungle, Giddy up!

3. Lose 10 pounds
My blood sugar had a vendetta against my body and I need to lose some extra L to the Bs. 

4. Do something crazy/awesome with my hair! 
I have some purple in it right now but I can do better. Alls I can say is my hairdresser is so stoked for my cut before I leave. 

5. Kiss a guy
Or achieve world peace through the "Circle of Ethnicity"


6. Discover a passion or talent.

7. Buy a new (to me) car. 
This will be the fourth car I've driven. 
The 4 Runner is still kickin it in AZ
The Honda is deceased &
The Camry is still truckin along all smashed

8. Make myself avoidable to automobile accidents.
Maybe I can use mind control. But really, two accidents in 5 months gave me mad driving PTSD.

9. Read more books! 
This is from the BYU museum of art.
I love to read but sometimes I feel like Liz Lemon when she joined a retirement community book club.
(Liz shows Jack the book they are reading) Jack: "You do know they made that book into a movie, right?"
Liz then tosses it into the trash can. I do much better with movies than with books. 

10. Develop a regular scripture reading habit.

Overall Goal: Be Myself.
I can't think of a time that I didn't rock a lot of stripes and mismatched clothes, sing too loud, dance all the time, and sometimes talk in weird voices, but I wanna make sure I don't stop. 
 But that also means, there will be a lot more mustache wearing
I don't see how that is a problem for anyone because I wear them so well :{




4 comments:

Leece said...

Lots of great goals and destinations!! My take on goal 4 is: Leave your hair alone and quit making your hairdresser a millionaire! Your hair is beautifully awesome without the "wild/edgy stuff". Goal 5: Just remember you don't have to kiss a lot of frogs to meet Prince Charming. Keep them special.
Just for the record you are NOT the only one who thinks you're awesome. Anyone who has/has had the honor of having you touch their life knows this. xoxo Mah

Shelene said...

Hair grows back...especially in Thailand :)

Kimmy Cross said...

Thailand will be lucky to have you! And I love your mustache.

Shelene said...

Thanks Kimmy!