Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A PICTURE OF SOMEONE YOU COULD NEVER IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT.

A PICTURE OF SOMEONE YOU COULD NEVER IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT.
There are so many people I feel this was about but most likely the one who comes out on top is my sweet baby brother, Michael. This kid is my buddy and one of my best friends. I honestly cannot imagine my life without him or trying to go on with life without him. Michael is about 12 years younger than me so I feel like I played a pretty big part in taking care of him growing up. In fact, when I worked at his elementary school everyone thought he was my son! Here's my handsome little (getting much bigger) guy:
My mom wasn't supposed to have anymore kids because of her health and complications. I remember us kids all begging my parents to adopt a baby boy because we knew something was missing from the family. Within a year my mom was pregnant with sweet baby Michael. I don't think I have ever been in love as much as when I met this angel. He completes our family on so many levels and we all adore him. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my other brother and sister, but Michael is the baby and very special to all of us.
 Here we are being silly when we went out shooting. I really do miss my siblings and feel bad I don't visit more and get to be a part of their lives. I hate missing out on their accomplishments.
 Here's mijo and I after a little date night together. When I live at home I try to include him in as many activities as possible. He runs errands with me, pumps my gas, helps babysit, and participates in many other things that helps him learn and gain life skills. He is so fun and always spoiled (he knows if he comes with me to do errands he'll get a treat or a toy or something).

Michael has the sweetest heart, anyone that knows him will tell you that. He was called up on the stand by Elder Nelson once in Stake Conference because they had made a little connection. Elder Nelson picked him up at the pulpit and gave him his baptismal interview. Michael drew a picture of them together and we later snapped a picture of the two together (Michael in his arms).
 He really stands out from other kids his age.
One time Michael and I were going into the grocery store and we saw an old and weak homeless man outside the doors. I didn't have any cash on me so I gave Michael a basket and told him that he was responsible for picking out a drink and some snacks for the man outside. Michael carefully picked out items and then helped me checkout and pay for them. I let Michael deliver the goodies to the man when we left the store. The man was so grateful and started to tear up when thanking him. Buddy walked away with a huge smile on his face (that lasted hours). When in the car, Michael said, "Man, that felt great. I wish everyday was be nice to a bum day!" I promised him that anytime we saw a homeless person and we had time, we could do the same for them, and we have.
Michael has such a tender heart and is the sweetest helper to little kids and those with special needs. I swear that kids is going to be something really great one day. I love my baby boy and miss him like crazy!
I'm planning something big for him this Summer. We are going to go to DISNEYLAND!! So, what do you think Michael? Will you go with me? I think it would be super fun for us!
 I love you Michael Richard! :)

2 comments:

Leece said...

Oh my gosh! I am laughing and crying at the same time!! Do you know something else special? The relationship you've made with him-it's beautiful.You are his "Little Mama".Wonderful Post-he is our gift!

Leece said...

To all of Shelene's followers: We had Michael read his post out loud with Shelene on speaker phone and dad filming. When he got to the part that says, "I'm planning something special for him"...his voice rose an octave every sentence. He ran around jumping and had tears in his eyes! Priceless. The bond between Shelene and Michael is so amazing!!!