Thursday, October 27, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance

Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have a slight obsession with SYTYCD. I've driven to LA to go to a show taping, watched every episode, own the workout DVDs, and gone to the concert tour. Oh, and met some of the previous contestants and Cat! Once the show starts I decide to work a little bit more or put money away because I plan on buying tickets once they go on sale. This year I took my cousins (who watched the whole season or dvr-ed it for me all summer).
It was basically the best night ever. I love me some Disneyland, but I would rather go to a SYTYCD concert than spend the day at Disneyland, yeah, that's how much I love it. I laughed, cried, and grinned like an idiot through the entire performance. Here's a little overview from my crappy phone camera/video.

Mitchell (one of the dancers this year) w/ April and I. 

 Me and cousin April
 Bollywood number
 So good...oh, there's tadd
 Really cool group number. 
 Turn me to Stone w/ Marko & Melanie. Tears, like a lot of them.
 Tadd's solo. Smitten. .




  The boys door dance. Sooo good.

And here are some videos..

Melanie's solo. April and I cried as soon as they started her video.
(Notice her first audition mixed in there.)
Here is Sasha and Melanie


And the vulture dance was one of my favorites too..



Okay, that's probably enough for everyone. It was the best birthday present I've ever given myself.



3 comments:

Leece said...

O.MY.GOSH!!! I freakin love this post!! Yes, I got goosebumps watching Melanie on a super small square video on my daughter's blog because she's just that good!!! I love her!!! I too love the vulture dance and appreciate all the videos you showed so I could catch a glimpse into the show. It looks so cool with all the backdrop designs and costumes :) Now if only I could only see Neil and Melanie dance... picture those old video clips of the girls screaming and crying for the Beatles, that would be me for my beloved Neil and Melanie!!!! P.S. Never wear your shirt here at our house or I'll rip it off your body and steal it-just sayin,SWAG!!

April said...

yes i cried when i watch melanie's solo again. i love her

Shelene said...

I cry every time. Best.Day.Ever.