Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Lay Off Me

Today I resurfaced a wound and complex of mine. I have a pretty addictive and loyal personality so when I like something, I really like it, and want it All.The.Time. If someone mentions my problem or points it out, it kinda bothers me though. I feel like this:



 Here's an example:
About a year ago I would order out and eat at Rice King (chinese food) pretty often. My excuse was it was summer and I was working long days and didn't want to cook. My order was cashew chicken with "clear sauce" because I'm allergic to soy sauce. Maybe I went too often, and maybe I was okay in justifying that until one night, when I called  to order for my roommate and I. Here is how it went down.

RK: "Rice king, how can I help you?"
Me: "oh hey, I wanted to place a take out order..(still planning on talking)
RK: "OH, clear sauce, clear sauce, that you?"
Me: "Yeah, it's me"
RK: (yelling to the cook) "Clear sauce on phone!"
RK: "Okay clear sauce, be ready in 10 minutes, see you then!" Click
My roommate: "Leene, did they know it was you just by your voice and call you by your order?"
Me: "I don't want to talk about it....maybe I go there too much."
I took a break and didn't go back for 2 months.

Example: Today
I went to The Sweet Tooth Fairy. This seems to be a pretty common occurrence lately since they opened a new shop right by work and decided to carry many delicious Gluten free treats. Sometimes a girl just needs a cupcake and sometimes that girl needs to hide and eat it in her car so people don't think they a sweets problem. Today I walked in and the girl said,
 "Oh hi! Guess what, you're in luck, we just put out all the gluten free stuff." The new employee she was training smiled and said, "You must come in often, huh?" I just gave a nervous/embarrassed laugh and told her I did come in pretty regularly and that it was near work..blah blah blah...sometimes I buy things for other people so I'm not a complete manatee.
In my mind she really said, "Oh hey fatty, guess what we put out all the gf stuff just for you, because you are in here every day." Thanks cupcake counter girl. 

Usually when this happens I need to take a break or fast from a particular place or food. I think it's time. What can I say? I'm loyal and people love me to spend my monies there. I think I'll have to eat one more cupcake before I take a break though...lay off me I'm starving :)

3 comments:

Kimmy Cross said...

Oh, Shelene. No one can blame you, cupcakes are perfectly natural to get addicted to. Especially Sweet Tooth Fairy's!

Kate said...

I dearly love this. Maybe this is an opportunity for you to work on your disguises. Do you still own a mustache?

Matt and Serenity Stewart said...

Oh how I miss crazy town!!! I craved those noodles alot lately.