Thursday, November 24, 2011

15 Going on Hot Mess

While looking for my passport the other day, I found my journal from when I was younger. I was flipping through my early teen entries and found numerous lists from days I was grounded. Apparently, when imprisioned I would get bored and write what my favorite things were and names that I liked (let's not talk about all the Laquisha and Shaniqua names I picked).  I read just a few things from age 15 before I was too disturbed and thankful to continue. Awkwardness and hot mess like none other. Here's a little example of how I've changed:
THEN                                                     NOW
Age: 15                                                  24
Height: 5'1"                                            5'2"
Weight: 95 lbs                                      I rather not
Hair: Hot Pink                                       Back to natural
Piercings: Ears and Belly button             Ears
Food: Steak                                        Sushi or Thai
Color: Blue                                          Blue
Movie: Josh Hartnett                          Shawshank Redemption
TV: Anything on MTV                        Right now, New Girl
Place: California :)                               Guilin, China
Music: 50 Cent                                   Everything
Book: To Kill A Mockingbird             BofM or McCarthy's books
Hobbies: Shopping, Dancing               Movies and work
Job: Babysitting                                  ILP and respite

The one thing that has stayed constant: My boy JT. Hate all you want on Justin, he still has my heart.
What's that Justin? You wanna dance the night away and then get married? Done.


Thankfully, my lists are the only thing that keep me from cringing while skimming through the journal. For all my friends that stuck it through with me in Junior High, bless your sweet little hearts. I'm sure those friends are the ones that kept me from going completely wild, keeping me away from bad boys, making me go to class,  and having me take out my piercings. Maybe being 24 isn't all that bad, I dig the things I like and I love the person I've become. Thanks old journal for taking me back and making me grateful :)

1 comment:

Z said...

Fantastic things to be grateful for, my friend! I hope you've had some fun with this holiday day! (all else fails, two movies I recommend: arthur christmas and the muppets--you'll laugh your socks off!) Love ya!