Thursday, March 24, 2011

"My Brain Died Three Days Ago"

This semester has been a little crazy just because I've had to add new things into the mix and I'm more busy than last semester. Here's how I originally started out.
I love to stay busy and getting into the groove of school and juggling my other priorities have been really cool
I don't work or do nearly as much as some of my peers. I still find time to complete assignments, go to my jobs, and attend school, BUT I really struggle with sleeping. I'm not one of those amazing people that can continually run on little to no sleep. I start to look and act a bit like this:
Scary, huh? Maybe that's why I can't find a stinkin husband (I kid, I kid). I've been a bit of a zombie lately, just ask my roommates. I probably don't know what is going on half the time in my classes (not that it's a huge difference from my usual comprehension). Poor world that has to deal and see this everyday.
I love to complain so I make sure to tell everybody how tired I am because I can't sleep. I'm basically a wimp.
Today in my lab, I had to ask my partners to repeat what they said like 5 thousand times. I felt really bad that I was being so annoying but everything was going over my head. Then I realized...
I had to explain that "my brain died about three days ago" and I'm kind of retarded when it comes to Biology anyways. Luckily I made it through and my partners didn't seem to hate me too much. 

I decided that even though I may look like this:
I can do hard things. I'm going to keep trying and doing my best. One day when I have more time I would like to read The Lone Survivor, I've wanted to for years.  Elder Todd Christofferson quoted the book in his CES Fireside and I need to take it to heart. The semester is coming to an end and I'm gearing up to finish it the best I can :)
 “I do not want you to give in to the pressure of the moment. Whenever you’re hurting bad, just hang in there. Finish the day. Then, if you’re still feeling bad, think about it long and hard before you decide to 
quit. Second, take it one day at a time. One [phase] at a time.
“Don’t let your thoughts run away with you, don’t start planning to bail out because you’re worried about the future and how much you can take. Don’t look ahead to the pain. Just get through the day, 
and there’s a wonderful career ahead of you.








1 comment:

Leece said...

You know what? You're awesome. Don't worry, dead brains run in my family-there is no cure, but we manage somehow.