Friday, August 24, 2012

Thailand and Back

I haven't blogged in forever, mostly because I am too ADHD to get things together. 
Maybe now that the internet is faster, I will post some stories and pictures for the last couple of months in Thailand.

I am officially "home" or a version of home. I'm back in Utah, and I wished I loved it, but I'm not quite there yet. 
Thailand was the best summer and semester of my life
I was in no way prepared to return to the states, and I still can't process it.

I think Leo DiCaprio and I should team up, because I totally incepted myself.
I convinced my inner thoughts that I was not going home. Even though I made goodbye presents for my kids, had going away parties, and packed everything I owned, I still didn't believe it. 
I didn't cry until I stood in the Bangkok airport with all of my bags. 

Leaving China was hard, but it was cold and I was ready to go home and see my family and start school and work. Leaving Thailand seemed pointless, most of my friends left during the summer, my family is in another state, and I am not starting school just yet. I left my kids in China, but I left my babies, home, friends, family, AND heart in Thailand
See why this transition is hard?
I straight up cried on the plane at the end of The Lucky One because leaving Asia was becoming so real and sad for me. (Just to be clear, I wasn't crying over the movie, it was a coincidence).

I still can barely talk about the kids without tearing up, and  I miss everyone so much.
I've been trying not to look at pictures, but I can't help it. 

Here are some golden pics from the last few days of Thailand:
From our mustache bash and last supper.
Me and McKally being sketchy

 The wonderful Ake and Tang
 Dad and Mum
 The girls and the guys

 The girls. What is up. 
 The famdam
 This is too classic
 The plane ride out of Tokyo. clouds floating on the ocean?! 
What the what?

I've been watching So You Think You Can Dance, eating Mexican food and cupcakes, and hanging with McKally to make everything a little better.
I guess I'm glad I'm back and ready to start the Fall. 
Here is to the future and the fun times ahead :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm glad you're home!!! We want to see you again, and soon. Please? We can eat Thai food . . . enticing enough? I'll wear an elephant necklace too.

Leece said...

I've been missing your posts and decided to look. I hadn't seen this post and I'm glad I didn't. I'm about to cry now! I'm glad you're happy with your roomies and apartment and back into the swing of things. Thailand may or may not happen again, but the memories can never be taken from you! Love you so very much and can't wait to see you. p.s. I know we're not as exotic as Thailand, but we will wear mustaches to make you happy ;) Love, Mah